Kagome's Voice and Kikyo's Kiss
InuYasha Season 1 - Episode 23
|← Prev||Episode 23||Next →|
Kagome no Koe to Kikyō no Kuchizuke
16 April 2001
14 January 2003 (Adult Swim)
The Beads of Subjugation
(no credits available)
Kagome's Voice and Kikyo's Kiss is the twenty-third episode of the InuYasha anime. It first aired in Japan on April 16, 2001.
- Kagome confronts Kikyō; Explaining Inuyasha didn't betray her, but victims of an elaborate ruse.
- Kikyō ignores Kagome, and is resolved to destroy Inuyasha.
- Inuyasha and Kikyō meet, Inuyasha declares that he's never stopped thinking about her and they kiss.
- Kikyō attempts to drag Inuyasha to hell so that they will be together; but Kagome's voice saves Inuyasha.
- Witnessing the whole thing, Kagome goes home.
Inuyasha takes off to find Kikyō, but Kagome ends up finding the shrine maiden first and tries to explain the true circumstances which led to her death. Kikyō, even after learning this and that Inuyasha still loves her, still cannot overcome her bitterness and tries to drag him to hell to join her in death, embracing and kissing him before she does so.
Characters in Order of AppearanceEdit
[Shippō and Miroku find Inuyasha imbedded agroof in the ground]
Shippō: Inuyasha! What're you doing here? Have you seen Kagome?
Miroku: I've seen him like this before. Kagome is just fine.
Kikyō: By the way, Inuyasha has changed. His face had a softness. In the past, he trusted no one. His eyes were cold.
Kaede: That Kagome is a strange girl. She has been able to slowly heal Inuyasha's heart.
Kikyō: That girl, again. So she's the one who changed him... [bitterly] ...If I had lived, I would have been the one to heal his heart...
Miroku: "She's gone. Inuyasha, Kagome wasn't her usual self. What on earth happened with Kikyō?"
Inuyasha: "The same thing you always do with women."
Miroku: [jumps back; shocked, appalled] "Wha—?! You mean—?! You did something like that in front of Kagome?!"
Inuyasha: "What do you usually do?!"
Kagome: [reappearing in bottom of well] "What's the matter with me? I was in such a state I forgot my things here. Hey, is anyone out there?" [hears others talking]
Miroku: "What'll you do, Inuyasha?"
Shippō: "Who will you choose?"
Miroku: "Decide now(!)"
Inuyasha: "...Can't I choose them both?"
Shippō: "You mean— Two-timing?!"
Miroku: "Well, it often happens with men. But regardless, no matter what happens, Kagome must never find out about this. If she were ever to hear what you just said...
- Miroku is hinted to do more than show innocent affection when he's with a woman.
- It is the first time Miroku was shown to be support of a dilemma Inuyasha was suffering.