Sesshomaru Wields Tokijin
InuYasha Season 2 - Episode 18
|← Prev||Episode 45||Next →|
Sesshōmaru, Tōkijin o Furū
8 October 2001
8 September 2003 (Adult Swim)
The Beads of Subjugation
(no credits available)
Sesshomaru Wields Tokijin is the forty-fifth episode of the InuYasha anime.
- The Tōkijin proves too much for Kaijinbō, and he is destroyed from the inside, because of Tōkijin's awesome power.
- Inuyasha and his friends wonder who could have commissioned Kaijinbō to forge such a sword; to their shock they find out that it was none other than Sesshōmaru.
- Tōtōsai reveals to Inuyasha that up until this point, before Tessaiga broke, Inuyasha was relying on his father's power to protect him, but now that it has been forged from his own fang, Inuyasha must build up his strength to master his own powers.
- Sesshōmaru decides to test out the Tōkijin on Inuyasha; Inuyasha is separated from the Tessaiga and his yōkai blood takes him over again, for a moment; Inuyasha's friends whisk him away and they manage to escape.
Inuyasha, wielding a too heavy Tessaiga, tries to defend himself against Kaijinbō, who has been possessed by Tōkijin. Unbeknownst to Inuyasha, Sesshōmaru is looking for Kaijinbō and the sword he had commissioned. Will Inuyasha be able to withstand his brother, Sesshōmaru, when he reclaims Tōkijin? And what of Inuyasha's transformations into a full demon when he is without the Tessaiga?
Characters in Order of AppearanceEdit
- The episode begins with Inuyasha in his human form on the night of the new moon. When the scene changes to Rin on the following night, the moon is nearly full (waxing gibbous). It's near impossible for the two phases to change within 24 hours.
- This is the second time that Inuyasha transforms into a full demon.
- This is the first time Sesshomaru witnesses Inuyasha as a full demon.
- This is also the first time Sesshomaru admits to himself that Inuyasha made him fearful, even if it was only for a moment.
- In the manga, Kagura met Sesshōmaru after he fought Inuyasha and was able to locate Tōkijin all by himself. In this episode, he met Kagura before he located Tōkijin and was unable to on his own until Kagura told him how the sword reeked of Goshinki's aura, which was somewhat odd given his sharp nose and intellect.
- In the manga, Sesshomaru arrived to claim Tokijin immediately after Kaijinbo's death (as opposed to a long time going by between them in this episode), which is a possible explanation as to why Kagome never uses a Sacred Arrow on Tokijin, though it is not explained why no one ever thinks of it before Sesshomaru arrives.