|The Panther Tribe and the Two Swords of the Fang|
|← Prev||Episode 77||Next →|
The Panther Tribe and the Two Swords of the Fang is the 77th episode of the InuYasha anime.
- The Panther Devas are able to animate the Panther King's body with the Shikon no Tama shards that they stole from Kagome, but the giant demon sucks up the souls of Shunran, Karan and Shūran to become fully resurrected.
- Inuyasha and Sesshōmaru reluctantly work together and battle the Panther King, they defeat him when Sesshōmaru wields Tenseiga and removes the souls of the panther demons from the Panther King's body, and Inuyasha proceeds to destroy the king's body.
- The Panther Devas return to the west, vowing never to attack the dog demons again.
As the Panther demons are about to sacrifice Kagome, Sango, Miroku, and the villagers to their leader, Inuyasha cuts through their barrier with the Red Tessaiga. Annoyed with this, the Panther King absorbs the life energy out of three of the four cat warriors to take as his own (Tōran being the one who is spared.) Inuyasha and Sesshōmaru team up to combat the leader, but their attacks have no effect on him. Sesshōmaru then uses Tenseiga on the leader, taking out the life energy which the leader absorbed from his comrades. Inuyasha then kills the leader with the Wind Scar. Sesshōmaru's attack also revives the three panther demons that were killed, much to their surprise. In light of everything that's just happened, Inuyasha asks if the panther demons really plan to continue their war against the dog demons, to which Tōran agrees that there is no point, and calls for her siblings to return home.
Characters in Order of AppearanceEdit
- This is the 3rd and final episode of the Panther Devas anime filler arc.
- It's ironic that just as the Panther Devas mock Inuyasha and Sesshōmaru for in-fighting, they are attacked and killed by their own master—the very person they'd been trying to revive.
- We learn from this episode that the Tenseiga has not only the power to restore life energy but to also drain it away from its enemies.